2009年6月28日 星期日

Thailand: Phuket

Good news to one and all...Trent is back in action!   He was released from the hospital in Bangkok about a week ago.  Trent and Miaken's parents (Max and Jill) were amazingly charitable and let us all use their time-share in Phuket to allow Trent some time to regain his strength and re-coop.  We stayed at this super amazing 5 star Marriot resort on the Northern End of the Phuket penninsula in Southern Thailand.  Many thanks to Max and Jill for this.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  I wish I would have taken some more photos, but here are a couple from the resort.  



Feeding some crazy Monkeys on Monkey Island (Near Kho Pi Pi)



Soiling myself near Maya Bay
Rogue Pirate digging for treasure on beaches near the Resort

Cruising through the Pi Pi Island Chain



We rented a scooter and three-donged around the coast lines visiting all the sleepy beach towns.  It was so funny and scary.  I kept forgetting to drive on the left hand side of the road, luckily Miaken was quick on the draw to remind me.  The scooter riding is a medly of breaking all traffic laws, white-lining, and smoothly drifting from lane to lane without blinkers.  It's so fun.  Entire families continuously travel together on one scooter, no helmets, no problems.  In fact, when I finally dropped the scooter off at the scooter rental place, I was about an hour from our resort.  I took a scooter taxi home and the guy lectured me for about 5 minutes about how in Thailand I don't need a helmet.  Reluctantly he finally borrowed one from his buddy for me to wear.  

沒有留言:

張貼留言